Saturday 25 August 2012
Fighting Adversity /00:54

A friend once said "words and visions are powerful tools shaping a future..."

I somehow doubt the truth of it. Then, it was the early bird for stand chart marathon 2012. I hesitated whether to "confirm payment" but I did anyway thinking about the image of me crossing the finish line smiling, knowing I had won the fight against 'what i was told not to do' - to run.
I was skeptical to start training; felt myself dwindling away.. I was caught in a dilemma, to risk or no risk. But this mental image kept coming back. so much so i took the risk and I told myself that 'finishing that race will be a sign of me winning'. I did a bit of training, slow and steady stuff.. at first it didnt felt good..

then somehow or rather things got better. I didn't know how it worked, it just got lesser pain and manageable that's the word. I'm cautious whether its my body developing its own pain killers or its really good.
Two days ago, I went for my fortnightly appointment at the doctor's. To my surprise: he actually said there wasn't anything he can do for my disc bulge today only the spinal adjustment.. :)
I had received my ace of spades. and yes that image still stood as I ran around macritchie reservoir yesterday afternoon - the longest run thus far.

Awesome!
To better, stronger and faster.


0 comments